That’s what DS#2 says when he hasn’t talked to me in a while. Well, here’s whazzup.
First – WOW! Did we have a wonderful quilting retreat! Bev and Barb we have got to do this more often!!! It felt so good to be able to just sew all weekend. Well we did talk a lot, too! And eat!! And shop!! It was all good!

I woke up early on Saturday morning and finished the quilting on my little hexie quilt. Due to the open floor plan, the only room that I could turn the lights on and not disturb other sleepy heads was the bathroom! I’ve quilted in stranger places!! I was told later that I needn’t have worried, the lights wouldn’t have bothered them.

A close up of the quilting. I just did an outline of each flower. I am not the best hand quilter, but I’m happy with it.
Next was the binding. I wanted to try the idea that I had learned at the last quilt group where you make a two color binding so that there is a small strip of “piping” included. There were a number of choices for the piping fabric, but we all decided on this:

I love it! The purple just sets it off. I decided to hand stitch the edge instead of machine stitching in the ditch between the binding and piping. It makes it look more like a tiny border.

My finished quilt. DH doesn’t “get” it because it isn’t big enough to wrap up in. I admit, I usually make bed quilts, but just this once I wanted to make a small quilt.

I also finished a test block for the Christmas block that I’m supposed to make for my quilt group. I wasn’t sure if I had drafted everything right and I didn’t want to cut into the fabric that I had received and then have it turn out wrong. So I made a test block with Christmas fabric from my stash. I didn’t get the points exactly right with this one, but I know how to fix that. All in all, I’m happy with the design and, best of all, it lays FLAT!! So my pattern drafting skills are acceptable.
I was also able to work on my little log cabins and started cutting for DS#3 quilt. Woo-hoo! I got a lot accomplished! Then I had to come home to reality 🙁
There were messages on my phones (land line and cell) from my mom. She had been feeling poorly all weekend and was going to the ER. Her neighbor took her (God Bless!) She was feeling better Monday, but then yesterday she started feeling sick again. I had to take her back to the ER last night and sit there for 6 hrs while they pumped more fluids and medicines into her. She felt much better (as in she wanted to stop somewhere and get a milkshake on the way home!! But at midnight there wasn’t anywhere open.), but no one seems to be able to figure out what is causing the stomach problems. All the tests come back normal, but she gets so sick she can’t eat or drink anything. I would have a lot more faith in Doctors if they could just say what IS wrong instead of what isn’t!