Over the weekend I was able to finish – well, almost finish – another donation quilt.

I added a binding to this one. I just didn’t like the idea of a serged edge. I have to do the hand sewing on the binding and it will be finished. This will put the count for donation quilts at 3. Since my resolution was to make a donation quilt for each month, that gets me to March. To get caught up I need to make one for April, May and now, June. I have one more in this pattern cut out. But I think I want to do some other patterns. This one is quick and fairly easy, but it just doesn’t do much for me. And let’s face it, if it’s not interesting, I’m not going to stick with it! So, I’ll finish the one I have cut out and then move on to another pattern. Maybe I can get caught up at the next quilt retreat!

I also worked on my Tea Leaves quilt.

I finished two more circles and then prepped a great big pile of leaves for sewing. I’m using a paper piecing method and each of the leaves needs paper on the back. My method (and there are a whole lot of other ones!) is to cut copy paper ( I use paper that has been printed on one side and is no longer needed) and glue it to the fabric pieces with washable glue stick. Very tedious! But DH and I wanted to watch the “Hatfields and McCoys” on the History channel Saturday. The marathon started at 4:00pm with a 2 hour documentary, then three 2 hour episodes of the mini-series. That’s right – 8 hours of television viewing! I glued paper on fabric while the show was on. During commercial breaks I would get up and do quick chores around the house. DH watched a lot of the shows through his eyelids! 😉

Peace