I didn’t work on any of my projects yesterday. I had to run errands in the morning and in the afternoon/evening I worked on mom’s quilt. It is all finished and she is very happy with it.
This is the only photo of the finished quilt that I have. I, of course, forgot to take a picture with my camera. You know, the one I bought so that I would have lots of good photos for my blog!
I did want to give a sneak peak of the next project in the works. That is going to be another challenge quilt through my quilt group. Here are the guidelines: Use only neutral fabrics with one pop of color. Neutrals can be tan, beige, taupe, black, white, brown, etc. We have to incorporate nine patch into the quilt design. That’s it. Easy, right? Yeah, right!! I have thought of and rejected numerous designs. Either the pattern didn’t work well with just neutrals and one color, or I couldn’t figure out how to use a nine patch effectively or I couldn’t figure out how to get it quilted without a long arm quilter. I’ve been thinking about this for two months!!! Last week, as I said, I finally had an idea come to me just as I was dropping off to sleep. I still like the idea a week later, so I think that is what I am going to go with.
I’ve decided on light neutrals with red as my pop of color. These are the latest additions to my stash. I was able to stock up on all this at very good sale prices. If I have counted correctly, I would like to have 52 different neutrals and 15 reds. I think I will be able to get very close to my goal, once I go through the stash closet.
That’s all I’m going to reveal right now. I really want to finish Courthouse Steps before I actually cut into fabric for this challenge. I am hoping that I will be able to sew up a storm on the longest day of the year and have some real progress to report.
Bev and Barb – These four are Jo Morton fabrics. Four Seasons is stocking a little bit more of Civil War reproduction fabrics. I told the owner that was a good move on her part.
Finally, I couldn’t resist this picture: